Friday 30 April 2010

Recovery Day

am: 50 mins easy on trails
pm: Circuits
7mi


I woke up just before 10 feeling fresh. I started cleaning up after the BBQ last night and then had some porridge, orange juice and a coffee. I did a little stretching and lazed around for a bit before finally booking train tickets to see my Grandparents on the weekend of the Loughborough International. It was good to finally get round to it as I’ve been putting it off for days! I set off with McLeod and Lucy O’Gorman and after slow opening mile (it was uphill) of outside 9 mins I decided to go on my own. I thought it was pointless running that slowly at this point of the trip as my HR was barely above 120. I just ran around trails and grass at the track to keep it on the flat and I felt really smooth and relaxed. I think I am pretty much acclimatised now as I was running a similar pace and heart rate as I would do at home. My legs felt fine; a good indicator that I didn’t run too hard last night. I was going to do strides but decided against it with circuits to come later on today. I had an egg sandwich, jam on toast, yoghurt and some fruit before a hot shower and a trip to the supermarket. I felt really sleepy walking around and just wanted to get back to the apartment and laze about. Today seemed to go really quickly and having chilled out for a bit and had a bowl of cereal it was suddenly 1830. I decided that if I didn't get my core session done now I'd end up sacking it off. I did a short, sharp session with Lewis and felt pretty decent although my back was a little stiff towards the end. We had turkey stir fry for dinner which should be good fuel for a big session at the track come tomorrow morning! I feel really sleepy typing and it is only 2100 but I reckon I'll be in bed within the hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.