Friday 7 May 2010

Rest day

Phil said to miss a run this week to knock the mileage down a little so I decided to take Friday as a total rest and let my niggles settle. My shins felt fine today which surprised Hannah as she said I’d be really sore today as she went pretty hard – that’s got to be good news! So I pretty much got up late and did very little all day. I went in the pool and the sauna for a bit with a few of the guys and then a big group of us went to the natural hot spring 15 mins away. It was pretty cool but it stunk of egg, apparently due to the sulphur. The stand-out highlight was when Moses walked in on a Frenchman doing a job on his bird in the indoor baths only for them to laugh and finish off! We had to get back for a team meeting at 1600 to discuss tomorrow's training plans and the final arrangements for transport home. Whilst at the meeting we all realised simultaneously that we stunk of rotten egg which was less than ideal when you have 2 big cheeses from UKA and a few Olympians sat next to you. I got a shower to wash the smell off and then went down to the town to have cake for Thewlis' birthday and to print my boarding pass off. I felt pretty exhausted bizarrely and walking up a huge hill from the Cyber Cafe I was in a world of trouble! I think the hot spa was a bit draining as the other guys felt similar. We had a standard Spaghetti Bolognese for dinner and then watched 'Blood Diamond'; a film that I'm a big fan of. Because I wanted to keep my legs awake a bit I tidied around the apartment and washed up for something to do. I was in bed at 2300 ready for the final session of the trip tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.