Thursday 6 May 2010

A Wasted Vote?

am: Very easy 70 mins on trails + strides
pm: Strength & conditioning
10.5mi


I really did feel like I'd gone 12 with Tyson when I woke up this morning. I had some porridge and a coffee to try and wake up for training. We again drove down the mountain to get out of the snow and it was a bit of a boring run to be quite honest with a lot of out and back. It was a nice and easy recovery run which was just what was needed. I was really tired today along with everyone else and hated the first 45 mins or so. After then I felt fine and like I could run forever which shows the run had done its job; early on I just wanted it to be over! I didn’t have any major niggles which is good, apart from irritating my foot on a rocky section and having slightly tight hamstrings from yesterday’s session. We kept on the flat for the most part but any hills were unpleasant to negotiate. We stopped off at the supermarket on the way back as we were running low on supplies but the fact there were only 2 people on the checkouts meant it took forever to get in and out. I checked my phone and my Dad voted Lib Dem for me as I asked. I spent almost all the afternoon in bed watching terrible films such as 'Blue Streak' but dragged myself out to go to the shop again as we needed a few more things. I spoke to my friend and former training partner Sean Dirrane online for over an hour and think I have persuaded a mini comeback via doing easy runs from Headingley with me whilst I'm doing work experience over the next 3 weeks - fingers crossed. We then hit the gym to get huge and hopefully it did the trick. I jogged up to the gym but after a few minutes I had to walk because my right Achilles suddenly became incredibly painful. I walked for a bit and then jogged again and it seemed ok; strange. Finally, third time lucky, I didn’t feel dizzy and weak whilst in the gym! Squats still felt harder than at sea-level but much easier than last week which has to be positive. I adapted the session slightly to protect my Achilles and suffered no twinges. Lewis and I had a mini bench competition (I lost) that we probably shouldn’t have... I walked over to the treatment room for a much needed massage. I was generally stiff from the knee down of my right leg and then had my ongoing sore left foot too. I flet a lot better afterwards and will probably just rest tomorrow to let any little niggles settle. I had to have a quick turnaround as we were going out for a meal with it being Shaun and Ross' final night plus it's Thewlis' birthday tomorrow. They are two cracking lads and it was nice to see them off; we all chipped in to pay for Jonny's meal to wish him bon anniversaire. I stayed up later than usual tonight to watch the election reaction on the BBC and unfortunately it seems most people who said they'd vote for Nick Clegg changed their minds and plumped for one of the two main parties; disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.