Monday 17 May 2010

Sneaking off early

pm: Easy/steady 50 mins on canal trails + circuits straight after.
8mi


I got up at 0730 this morning but I don't think I woke up until gone 9. I shuffled about the house trying to get my stuff together and have my breakfast; thankfully I was getting a lift as I may have ended up asleep on the train and in some random Yorkshire rail station when awakening. Most of today was spent in meetings and then tweeting for the 1st & 2nd XI games. I felt horrific today and I think I was pretty useless. The article about 'Pakistan clutching defeat from the jaws of victory' I mentioned the other day got deleted in my spell of tiredness and was the final straw for me. My Mum was going back to Woodlesford at 3pm so I knocked off early and got a lift; I figured I would be exhausted this evening otherwise. I got home and had some belated lunch as I'd forgotten to make sandwiches this morning which I am sure was a contributory factor to my cavemen-like state. I then went to sleep for an hour and felt worse for it! I decided to jump in the shower to wake myself up for the 6pm run. Unfortunately, a bi-product of this was that 3 or 4 people arrived whilst I was showering and obviously the doors were locked! I gave my sincerest apologies, took a bit of abuse as the presumption was that I was showering to clean something off myself (which I ferociously denied!) and then headed out for a steady run with a good group of guys. It was a nice evening for running as it was warm but not stifling (until the latter stages). I ran with Deak and Danny at a good pace throughout. We picked it up every mile from down to about 6.10 and I felt pretty decent tonight but never incredibly comfortable. It was an effort to run that little bit quicker as Deak wanted to run a little faster this evening. It was never hard enough that I thought I should back off but it wasn’t an ‘easy’ run. I have a little swelling below my right knee that is a bit sore but Phil thinks it’s nothing. I had slightly tight calves post-run so decided against strides. I felt tired and drained at circuits and I think the humidity of the run played a part. My swelling below my right knee was sore and stopped me doing a few exercises but I needed the rest anyway! I had a big spag bol that I'd prepared for the family before my nap before watching some 24 (this series is fantastic and I definitely recommend it) and then getting to bed for 2230. What I am finding annoying at the moment is that I feel awful in the day and regardless of whether I nap or not I am not that sleepy come 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.