Friday 21 May 2010

A Very Short Post

am: Easy 40 mins on canal trails
pm: Travelled to London on train
5mi


I'll keep this brief as I achieved very little on Friday and I'm currently catching up on blog posts. I got up, packed for the weekend ahead, did a run and then got the train to London. I got lost on the tube a bit for eventually reached my Grandparents' house in south-east London at around 7pm. It was great to catch up with my Grandad as I haven't seen him more than a year. We has fish & chips and just generally caught up until about midnight. My Aunt Jill told me the next morning how much brighter he'd been for having me around so that in itself has made the trip down here worthwhile. Here's my training log entry for today's run where I felt terrible:

I ran through Millennium & on the canal trails. I felt quite shit today, very ploddy. It was stiflingly hot & humid which didn’t help but I was just uncomfortable. I made myself run very slowly as my HR seemed to be escalating if I ran a bit quicker. I was a little worried about this but Dad reckons it’s nothing to worry about as long as I was running well into my easy zone. The dog struggled in the heat even more than I! My calves were a bit stiff, not tight or sore, to begin with but eased quickly. I was down to run an hour but cut it down as I saw little point in running that slowly, feeling shit and having to keep tabs on my HR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.