Monday 24 May 2010

Adidas Supernova Glide

pm: Easy 45 mins + light circuits
6.5mi


I didn’t sleep very well last night as I could not stop thinking about yesterday’s race and also it was roasting hot. The straw that broke the camel's back was a huge argument between a chav couple that I tried to ignore for as long as I could. Eventually I had to get up and look out of the window as it sounded like it could get a bit violent; thankfully my baseball bat stayed in the wardrobe. I felt tired this morning and would have missed my train had my dear mother not run me to the rail station. I had to eat porridge out of a tub on the train but once I'd finished I composed myself, washed my face in the toilet at the station, had a nice orange juice from Starbucks and was ready to click into being a big shot in a suit. The first thing I did at work was log onto Start Fitness. My foot was a little sore yesterday so I have ordered some new shoes: 2 pairs of trainers at a cost of bloody £130 as unfortunately I cannot play the trick of getting shoes for 66% of original SRP as I am forced to buy the new version! The correlation between those who have worn the Supernova Glide and those who have had enflamed sesamoid bones is too strong to ignore any longer. Phil has been begging me to buy new trainers for weeks and I have finally given in. My foot was a little sore warming up and down yesterday but ok in the race. What tipped me over the edge to part with £130 was when Wilko said afterwards 'my foot's sore' and I said 'mine too' but he quickly replied 'not my sesamoid bones, just blisters; my foot's fine since I changed shoes.' It would be nice if he got Adidas to send me some free ones as I am very, very brand-loyal. It's Adidas shoes, IPods, The Times, Quaker's Oats and Activia Yoghurts - some things just cannot be compromised for cheaper alternatives. I had woken up with a cough and a sore throat this morning and it wasn't until lunchtime that I could speak properly; luckily I didn't need to. I achieved nothing at work all day as my boss lost his head and was down in the dumps for some reason; as a consequence he gave me no work (literally none). The only activity I undertook all day was walking up to the Otley Road for lunch with a colleague to waste as much time as possible. We went to 'Brod' as it is a particular favourite of Stephen Lisgo (he used to, and still does, go on about it all the time) but I never actually knew where it was. To be honest, it was a pretty standard tuna sandwich for £2.50. I got home about 5.40 to run with the guys. I felt pretty good tonight. I expected to be quite knackered from yesterday and was prepared for a very easy plod in 8 minute miles but was pleasantly surprised. I was stiff and sore from the knee down on both legs with my left shin feeling a little irritated. I also had slightly tight hamstrings; I think these are to be expected after my first proper track race though. I didn’t do any strides because of these niggles. It was cooler and nice for running which helped this evening although it was still vest and shorts and very hot for Leeds. I didn’t do much at circuits as I was sore in my groin and glutes and I don’t want to be too sore to train tomorrow. I stretched quite a lot though. My grandparents came round in the evening to ask questions about my adventures and watch a fairly abject 3-1 England win, worth watching for Glen Johnson's wonder strike. Bed at 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.