Friday 28 May 2010

Second Pre-race Blog: Sports City BMC

So it’s five days almost to the second since my last race where I ran like a bit of chump. Excited or not, wanting to ‘give it a go’ or however I want to dress it up I ran badly. I had explicit race instructions from Phil that we had discussed I advance and I totally forgot about them once the gun went. That will not happen tomorrow. I am quietly confident and the guarantee of a PB (it is my first 5k) takes a bit of the pressure off! We are being paced at 14.30 for 3000m which is ideal when you look at the start list. I had a smashing session on Tuesday so I see no reason why I can’t go out and race well as long as I execute my race tactics properly. The forecast is for cool weather with a little rain which is a lot more suitable for 5000m running than last Sunday! Regardless of field, weather or how I feel, I have to respect the distance because quite simply this is unknown territory and to give anything less than the respect it deserves would be suicidal. I don’t have as much buzzing around my mind this week so this is a lot briefer and less revealing than for Loughborough! Fingers crossed the next time I write I’ll be a lot happier than Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.