Thursday 27 May 2010

Doing nothing from 9 - 5

am: Easy 20 mins at Beckett Park on the grass
pm: 8 x 31 secs strides, JBR on grass on the clearings @ SLS
9.5mi


I'm catching up on my blog here and I cannot remember anything of note from Thursday. I finally had a frappuccino and unfortunately it was overpriced and sickly. I made a beef chilli and Phil & I stopped at a chippy on the way home for some chips to go with it. they gave me a mouldy bread-cake and thus we shall never go there again. I felt great running at lunch time and it is quite a miraculous turn around. For whatever reason, this week I have been like a new man. I felt so fresh today and had such a low HR. I just did 3mi as Phil told me to cut down my first run if I was to do one at all. I just did not want this run to end and the fact it was only 20 mins made it even worse! There was one downside; my calves are still very sore. I went down to SLS to do some strides with Dale on the clearings with Dale and felt decent. We were covering pretty much 200m on each stride and jogging back in a brisk 60 seconds. My calves were still quite sore so I didn’t do any dynamic drills and just strode in my regular running trainers. It was a bit windy but a lovely temperature for running in the evening. I genuinely do not know what I did at the cricket ground from 9 to 5. It seems tedium has set in so it is probably a good thing that Friday will be my last non-match day. My new trainers arrived this morning and I wore the new version of the Supernova Glide for both runs; they were like a pair of slippers! I went to bed earlier than usual and missed what looked like a potentially great episode of Question Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.