Friday 14 May 2010

Jinxing Pakistan

pm: Easy 35 mins along the canal
5mi


After another night of little sleep I am starting to get exasperated by my tiredness. I felt the worst I have felt all week today. I can’t carry on with such little sleep as I’m convinced that is the main problem as I just feel beaten up all the time. I didn’t do much moving around today as I wanted to expend as little energy as possible; hence my short blog. Walking to & from the train stations was hard work! I have had an incredibly annoying runny nose since I came down and it is starting to get to me now. I spent most of today writing an article on Pakistan's woeful record against Australia, specifically highlighting their uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It is 15 years since Pakistan won a Test against the Oz which is quite ridiculous. Similar to yesterday I almost sacked off my run as I was laid out on the sofa like a dog in the med. I ran almost all on the canal so I could just switch off for half an hour. Remarkably I actually felt ok running and if I remember rightly I felt fine running post-St Moritz but horrendous the rest of the time. My right Achilles was a bit sore today but got better as I ran; it was irritated uphill. I felt easy and ran slowly but I didn’t have the ease that makes you feel like you could run all day. I got home and caught the end of the T20 final between the aforementioned sides. Surprise surprise, the Pakistanis are in an almost (and I must stress that it always 'almost' with them) unassailable position but Mike Hussey hits 60 from 24 balls; the PCB should make 'The Beer Drinker's Guide to Sports Psychology' from Charlie's book a compulsory read. I watched a bit of Newsnight to recap this week's politics as well as catching some of the League 1 playoffs. I went to bed as soon as I felt sleepy to (hopefully) sleep like a log.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.